Chameleon Cabinet Coatings – Product DatasheetGeneral Description
Chameleon cabinet coating is a versatile, ultra-durable water-borne acrylic coating, formulated to bond to some substrates including wood (interior wood), laminate. The interior/exterior stain finish offers very fast dry and outstanding early block resistance for increased productivity with less down time. It provides hardness similar to or better than standard alkyds but maintains flexibility to endure extreme bends and deformation without cracking and peeling. It is ideal for doors, windows, cabinets, shelving, hand rails, fixtures, trim, wood and concrete floors.Recommended Substrates
Interior Wood, Laminate, PlasterApplication Details
Stir thoroughly before using and occasionally when in use. Prime all necessary surfaces with an appropriate primer prior to application of the product. When using more than one container of the same color, intermix to ensure color uniformity. Do not mix with solvent-type paints or with paint solvents.
- Thinning: All the coatings including primer were reduced with 5 to 10 weight percent of DI water to get sprayable viscosity of around 300 cP and applied on the wooden substrate.
- Application Equipment: Apply with a high-quality synthetic brush, roller, paint pad, or by spray equipment. Where necessary, apply additional coats.
- Spray Gun:
- Nozzle size: 1.8mm
- Inlet air pressure: 45 psi
- Conditions: 50-60 RH at 27°C
- Brush: High quality polyester/nylon brush
- Roller: Size-suitable to the use.
- Application Condition: Apply at ambient temperature.
- Outstanding early block. Resistance provides tack-free film ideal for doors, windows, cabinets, shelving. Excellent adhesion bonds to a wide variety of difficult substrates.
- Very good hardness. Durability and hardness similar or better than conventional alkyds.
- Very quick dry-to-touch in 15-20 minutes; reducing down-time. Excellent flow & leveling provides enamel smooth finish.
- Flexible. Withstands bends with no cracking or peeling. Resistant to household chemicals.
- Tinting: Refer to the appropriate color formula book, automatic tinting equipment, and/or computer color matching system for color formulas and tinting instructions. Some colors, drastic color changes, or porous substrates may require additional coats to achieve the uniform finish.
- Cleanup: Clean tools and spray equipment with warm, soapy water immediately after use.
- Disposal: Dispose according to the local environmental regulations. Do not pour down a drain or storm sewer.
- Packaging: 1-Gallon, 5-Gallon, 55-Gallon drums
Surfaces to be coated must be dry, clean, sound, and free from all contamination including loose and peeling paint, dirt, grease, oil, wax, concrete curing agents and bond breakers, chalk, efflorescence, mildew, rust, product fines, and dust. Remove loose paint, chalk, and efflorescence by wire brushing, scraping, sanding, and/or pressure washing. Putty all nail holes and caulk all cracks and open seams. Sand all glossy, rough, and patched surfaces. Feather back all rough edges to sound surface by sanding.
For Interior Wood: Unpainted wood or wood in poor condition should be sanded smooth, wiped clean, then primed. Any knots or resinous areas must be primed before painting. For non-bleeding or previously painted wood, no primer is required.
For Laminate: No primer needed; sanding or scuffing the surface is recommended. Topcoat should be spot applied as directed, allowed to cure overnight, then evaluated for adhesion. If adhesion is good, the application may proceed.Limitation
Apply only when air and surface temperatures are above 50°F (10°C) or above. Avoid exterior application late in the day when dew and condensation are likely to form or when rain is anticipated. Not recommended for exterior horizontal surfaces unless these surfaces can be protected from dew and rain for 7 days. Wait at least 7 days after painting before cleaning the surface with a non-abrasive, mild cleanser. Not recommended for polypropylene or polyethylene plastics, roofs, garage floors or concrete floors subject to hit tires, continuous water immersion environments, such as bathtubs, sinks, shower basins and pools. Not recommended for very flexible substrates subject to abuse; such as canvas, nylon rope or rubber. Do not use on large wood structures or the bodies of homes. PROTECT FROM FREEZING.Precautions/Safety Measures
WARNING! HARMFUL IF ABSORBED THROUGH SKIN OR IF SWALLOWED. MAY BE HARMFUL IF INHALED. MAY CAUSE RESPIRATORY TRACT, EYE, AND SKIN IRRITATION.
Sanding and grinding dusts may be harmful if inhaled. This product contains crystalline silica which can cause silicosis. The risk depends on the duration and level of exposure to dust from sanding surfaces or mist from spray applications. Repeated exposure to high vapor concentrations may cause irritation of the respiratory system and permanent brain and nervous system damage. Inhalation of vapor/aerosol concentrations above the recommended exposure limits causes headaches, drowsiness, and nausea and may lead to unconsciousness or death. Contains material that can cause target organ damage. Do not breathe vapor or mist. Do not swallow. Do not get on skin or clothing. Avoid contact with eyes. Avoid prolonged or repeated contact with skin. Wash thoroughly after handling. Keep container tightly closed and sealed until ready to use. Provide fresh air ventilation during and after application and drying. Avoid the inhalation of dust, particulates, spray, or mist arising from the application of preparation. Use personal protective equipment as required.
DANGER – RAGS, STEEL WOOL OR WASTE SOAKED WITH BREAK-THROUGH INTERIOR/EXTERIOR STAIN WATER-BORNE ACRYLIC MAY SPONTANEOUSLY CATCH FIRE IF IMPROPERLY DISCARDED. IMMEDIATELY AFTER EACH USE, PLACE RAGS, STEEL WOOL OR WASTE IN A SEALED WATER-FILLED METAL CONTAINER.
Note: These warnings encompass the product series. Prior to use, read and follow product-specific MSDS and label information.
FIRST AID: If swallowed, rinse mouth with water (only if the person is conscious). Call physician immediately. Do not induce vomiting unless directed to do so by medical personnel. If in eyes, rinse with water for 15 minutes. Check for and remove any contact lenses. In case of contact, immediately flush skin with plenty of water while removing contaminated clothing and shoes. Get medical attention immediately. If inhaled, remove to fresh air. If experiencing respiratory symptoms, call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician. Keep out of the reach of children. For workplace use only.